Monday, September 20, 2010

Nearly there

Hi guys

Guyana Gyal was sweet enough to stop by and say I pass through her mind. All of you pass through mine also.

It has been a crazy time. Since June, the only thing we seem to have done is plan the wedding. Made harder by the fact that there is nobody around to help us, to pick up the slack, to delegate a task to. The whole process is like something I must endure in order to marry my love. Looking back on it through photos, the video, and with friends and family, will make it worthwhile.

In July-August, I spent two weeks with my mother, and Jeff joined me for the last few days of the trip. She is not doing well. Her speech and swallowing have deteriorated, yet she has refused the feeding tube, so while unable to take in enough nutrition, she is at greater risk of choking on nothing much, like yogurt or Ensure. I still encourage her to get the tube while surgery is still feasible though. Every little movement takes so much energy, and she certainly shouldn't be starving herself. Even her nurse wants her to fight. I know she doesn't want to prolong her misery....The end is inevitable, but she needs it to be as easy as possible.

A couple of weeks after returning from London, my position was terminated. Lately it felt as though I'd been commuting for two hours a day in order to wait for something to do...so I think I could feel that coming for some time. But I was then freed up at a crucial time to hire vendors and make all sorts of decisions regarding the wedding, which has been great.

We've even been taking dancing lessons and on our 6th and last we finally got our wedding dance down.

Well....

We are getting married on Saturday. It's nearly here! My father arrives tomorrow. It will be nice to spend some time with him.

And...

Sunday at the crack of dawn we begin our trip to Antigua.

9 comments:

nikkipolani said...

Oh my goodness. It's a blog entry. From Livvy! I'm so pleased that you are marrying Jeff. I saw your engagement photo and thought you both looked absolutely radiant. Thanks for the update on your dear mother. I'm sure you must feel sad knowing what an amazing vibrant woman she was before her illness. Praying for you and for her.

Selba said...

Congratulations!!! So happy to hear this great news that you are getting married! BIG HUGS!

Sorry to hear about your mother, I really hope the best for her.

Memória said...

While I'm overjoyed that the day has come for you to get married with such a great partner, I am so sad to hear about your mother's condition. I understand completely why your mother doesn't want to live on a feeding tube. I would do the same thing. I will always keep her in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

Take care and congratulations.

Glo said...

Olivia! It's so very good to hear from you. How exciting that your wedding is on Saturday! Congratulations to you both and here's to a long and happy life together :)

I am also so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure your feelings stretch across the rainbow from one end of the spectrum to the other ~ joy about your future with Jeff, and sadness about your mother's condition. Keep your eyes on the rainbow :)

Looking forward to wedding photos ~

Glo said...

Hi again ~ well, now you'll be a happily married couple - man and wife. Just to let you know that on Saturday it was wild, wet and blustery here, but out of the grey came a rainbow! and I thought to myself, there's Livvy's rainbow on her wedding day :)

Rapture said...

I hope your visit goes well...and that you are well, and my regards to your family, especially Mum.

I'ves got a new blog now...

Kissy

Rapture said...

I cannot wait to see all the pics...it's always nice to hear from Olivialand...

My lil baby's gettin' hitched!

Congrats...you two make a beautiful couple...you glow in your photos.

:) Happy Times...come back and share when you can. xoxo

The Moody Minstrel said...

I dropped by here after the wedding (and am still waiting for a post w/ pics to be put here). I'd say this post does a lot to help put it all in perspective. Best wishes with all of it!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

How I want so much happiness for you two! When others are happy, it rubs off on others, you know. Wishing you the best marriage ever.

I'm sorry about your job loss but you know, something much, much better is probably around the corner.

I'm sending lots of love for your mum. I understand what you're going through, I've helped my mother take care of her mother.

One day, you might start blogging again, yay. Your blog posts have been deeelicious.