Saturday, May 14, 2005

For Jia Li

I spent the afternoon chatting with Michelle in Port-aux-Basques, Newfoundland. (I like saying that...Port-aux-Basques...so juicy!).......Anyway, she seemed a bit disappointed that I hadn't blogged today. So here I am, blogging. As if that bally 500-question e-mail wasn't enough!

Clogs still makes mysterious mis-steps upstairs but I might be getting used to it, plus he does seem to make an extra effort to be quieter in the morning. The other day he told me a funny story about what one of his colleagues would say on the phone. He asked the guy, "Why do you always say 'Hello Mike, Alright Mike, Cheers Mike' to everyone?"
It's how a Cockney sounds when saying 'Mate'

**********

This is how long Tony Blair pauses between his phrases:
...............I've just come from....................Buckingham Palace...........where the Queen.......has asked me to..............form a new government.................which I will do.

He gets through entire speeches in this way.

**********


'Streuth, I have run out of topics. Here is some more amusement.

Listen to the Chinese take-away-delivery order-order

Watch the Crazy polar bear fitness machine

3 comments:

michelle said...

aw, I thx you liv. Blair really speaks like that. Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

That's a nice picture of you on your profile.
vanessa

michelle said...

Port aux Basques is juicy?