I have just experienced the worst month in over two years, immediately after the best month in over two years, so not a nice change at all.
NOTHING, NOTHing, nothing, has gone right since the move.
1) I hate anywhere that is not St John's Wood/Finchley Road, and to rub salt in the wound, I am just off a St John's Road and see the sign every time I look off the balcony. Maybe next I should be taking St John's Wort to improve my mood....
2) This is where ALL the obnoxious teenagers in Greater London live.
3) My mother and I are not as close as we once were and have had to find neutral ground in order for me to stop biting her head off every time she says anything. We're settling now. It's been 5 years since we lived together.
4) ...going a bit pear-shaped with American Boy, who overreacted to my overreaction one day last week...I should not have done what I did, and he should not have taken it that badly. Why do guys always take things the wrong way when they are sick? And then he got sick again on the weekend due to working too hard to make up for the original sick days...And now he's just moved apartment too.
5) Indeed I have been under an immense amount of long-term medium- and low-level stress and pretty much snapped last week.
6) I would like to try therapy now, please.
7a) The chest of drawers was delivered with two left sides and IKEA now has to exchange and pickup. Also waiting an indeterminate time for the corner cabinet to be delivered, as well as the doors to the bookcase.
7b) We paid £16 for a taxi to IKEA and £20 for a taxi home, and are not going back in a hurry.
8) The broadband is still not up as you know, so are they waiting until the end of day 15 to do it?
9) Dialup sucks bigtime, and pay as you go is worse, but I am fed up of being offline and am spending a fortune, but I don't care anymore.
10) The shiny new Samsung TV has a faulty digital tuner and we can't get Freeview, and the 5 terrestrial channels, if we even have that many, are of poor quality and boring. John Lewis also has to do a drop-off and pickup exchange.
The things that have gone well so far:
1a) The assembly guys got all the rest of the furniture assembled, but it took 7 hours and I was so fed up of the hammering and drilling, and people in the house that I felt sick when they left.
1b) My mother was wonderful and put all my clothes away for me in one day.
2) I sent out about 5 or 6 job applications this weekend, got one response. Have an interview Wednesday afternoon for an editorial assistant position, coincidentally at the same place Panda-Eyed works! But different division, she's in science, I'd be in arts.
3) Mum said we might try to move back down to the SJW/Finchley Road area at the end of this contract, since I am a miserable, miserable sod up here in Harrow. I miss the Jubilee line and hate the Metropolitan. It is NEVER 16 minutes to Baker Street, the lying toads.
So she said we can keep an eye out on property listings. (I for one will be sneaking in looks at job listings in the US, too, but don't tell anyone...)
4) My shiny laptop recovered itself, fortunately. I made DVD backups as soon as all was stable once more. Blue screen of death on my new laptop? No way! I also made first use of my LightScribe writer to label them. One small label took 16 minutes, though.
The BSD occurred every time I plugged in my WinTV with Freeview dongle, darnit, just when I thought I'd found a solution to the dearth of things to watch on fuzzy terrestrial. So I suppose I need a new graphics driver or something...that's what the blue screen said...
Yes, this is Olivia, not just depressed, but somewhat in pieces. God I need a holiday, a hug, a therapist, a million dollars, you name it...