What I did this weekend:
Late Summer BBQ
Newly discovered fellow blogger Jessica has challenged us to a meme. I think it has done the rounds on email for a few years and has finally reached the blogosphere.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
11.30 am. Hey, it's a holiday here today.
2. Diamonds or pearls?
I prefer pearls, even though diamonds are my birthstone. Of course, you can't wear pearls to a ball. And I think it's amazing that diamonds are always cooler than the ambient temperature.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Ocean's 13 - I know, way back in June.
4. What's your favorite TV show?
Tie between CSI, House, Ugly Betty, or Doctor Who
5. What did you have for breakfast?
The last slice of brown bread toasted, with peanut butter and strawberry jam, and then a couple of oat and honey biscuits.
6. What's your favorite cuisine?
Depends on the mood - Chinese, Thai, Indian, Tex-Mex, or American
7. What foods do you dislike?
Spanish, boiled vegetables, liver
8. What is your favorite chip flavor?
Doritos (with queso of course)
9. What's your favorite CD at the moment?
Not one, but see my last post, FYI.
10. What kind of car do you drive?
Sorry to say, nothing anymore (or yet...) but I used to have a silver plum Saturn SL2.
11. Favorite sandwich?
BLT, or cheddar cheese and ploughman's pickle.
12. What characteristics do you despise?
Dishonesty, insincerity, fickleness, rudeness, insensitivity
13. Favorite item of clothing?
I don't have one at the moment.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
Ooh, either Greece or Thailand.
15. What color is your bathroom(s)?
Sand and blue/aqua (no, we don't have 3 bathrooms, this is all in one)
16. Favorite brand of clothing?
Not really faithful but I am partial to a bit of Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein. I often find with surprise that quite often at least one item on me is one or the other. Also have a lot of H&M, and Principles.
17. Where would you retire to: beach, or wooded retreat?
Wooded retreat - I love forest sounds, smells and sights
18. Favorite time of the day?
19. What were your most memorable birthdays?
When I was a child I would have a birthday dinner in April when I was born, and a birthday party in midsummer June when I was supposed to be born. Friends came over, we ate snacks and ice cream, played in the garden, maybe there was an entertainer, everyone gathered round for the cake, and either Anthony or Christopher, my two oldest boy friends would be at my side to give a birthday kiss on the cheek after I blew the candles out.
20. Where were you born?
In London at Queen Charlotte's Hospital
21. Favorite sport to watch?
Tennis or various winter Olympics
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you?
Lots of people
23. Person you expect to send it back first?
I don't know!
24. What fabric detergent do you use?
Surf and Persil, but they have to smell good. I spend ages sniffing and deciding.
25. Were you named after anyone?
Not officially, though I do have a few Icelandic ancestors called Olaf (m) and Olave (f)
26. Do you wish on stars?
I wish I did! I prefer to stare at them.
27. When did you last cry?
Oh, it's been too long. When I went to Dallas to say goodbye to my Gran in March. Another is definitely overdue (yep, still).
28. Do you like your handwriting?
I am rather proud of it, and enjoy writing. Love watching the letters form on the page.
29. What is your most embarrassing flaw?
Physically? Flat as a pancake.
Personally? I'm a bit nerdy.
30. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Yes, if I wanted loyalty, but not if I were looking for the life of the party.
31. Are you a daredevil?
32. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?
Yes, but it was to a stranger who couldn't tell anyone I know.
33. Do looks matter?
Yes, instinctively, though they have to be paired with a respectable brain.
34. How do you release anger?
I snap and shout; yes, the psychology major does not practise sublimation or deep breathing, shame on her.
35. Where is your second home?
I don't even have a first home anymore. I have lots of stopovers around the world, will that do?
36. What were your favorite toys as a child?
My cars and my Dad's DESMOND (Digital Electronics Set Made of Nifty Devices). Oh my gosh, I hope we haven't given it away...I used to open the manuals and follow the experimental exercises for hours on end.
Can you tell, those careers I nearly went into really do suit me!
37. What class in high school do you think was totally useless?
I was happy with all of them....nerd....
38. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
I don't know. Depends on my mood or who I am with.
39. Favorite movies?
Oh noooo. Amelie, Pride & Prejudice, The Matrix trilogy, all the Austin Powers, Amadeus, Immortal Beloved, Metropolis, Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources, Apollo 13, Gladiator, and so many more.
40. What are your nicknames? Liv, Livvy, Livsy, Livsylou
41. Would you bungee jump?
42. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Yes, though I only have one lace-up pair
43. Do you think that you are strong?
Sometimes surprisingly so for someone with my slight build
44. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Wall's Cornish (UK) or Haagen Dasz choc choc chip (US)
45. What are your favorite colors?
various shades of blue-green
46. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Sensitivity that runs too deep. I'm working on it...
47. Who do you miss the most?
48. Do you want everyone you sent this to send it back?
Of course :)
49. What color pants are you wearing?
Um, if this is American and you mean trousers, then black.
If this is British and you mean undies, then pink.
50. What are you listening to right now?
My mother has popped in a Santana CD...
51. Last thing you ate?
Blue Sapphire tea and dark chocolate digestive biscuits
52. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
53. Last person you talked to on the phone?
54. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Eyes, whole face, smile - all in a split second as you do
55. Favorite Drink?
English breakfast tea with milk and brown sugar
56. Do you wear contacts?
No, nor glasses
57. Favorite Day of the Year?
One day? Impossible. The month of April in Texas.
58. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?
Happy Endings :)
59. Hugs OR Kisses?
Hugs, since there is a dearth of kisses
60. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?
custard, apple sauce and almond paste pie (Mum's invention)
61. What Book(s) Are You Reading?
Next, by that genius Michael Crichton and my second reading of Vanity Fair by William Thackeray
62. What's On Your Mouse Pad?
Haven't got one, just a laptop touchpad
63. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?
I don't think I watched any. If I did, it was fuzzy/black and white and therefore not memorable.
64. Favorite Smells?
An egg frying in butter. SJP Lovely and Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. Jasmine, camellia, roses. Fresh baked bread. My bunny Lulu's cheek. The smoke from a match after you blow it out. A thunderstorm.
65. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
The Beatles all the way, baby
Now, if you have not done yourself in with boredom, I invite you to join in and let me know when I can come by and read it!