Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Avengers

Emma Peel and Steed are kidnapped and handcuffed to a bedpost. (The same one!)

Mrs Peel: Well, there's something to be said for an elaborate hairstyle...
Steed: What's that?
Olivia: Hairpins!
Mrs Peel: Hairpins.
Then she picks the locks.

Sure I wasn't around before 1977?

**********

Speaking of The Avengers: Look my Daddy was a regular extra in 1963!




Again I will be like Steli and say: Don't forget to read my previous post! (The post-volcano one about the universe.)

6 comments:

michelle said...

do u have any more? Now I want to get the dvd so I can spot ur dad

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Do you know all the ones he is in or is it like a sport sorta watching out for dad? Like trying to spot Hitchcock in his films?

sanity index said...

Ooh, that IS really cool. I want to see more, too.

And BTW, I love Emma Peel's hair and MU...it's usually my first thought when watching that show. :D

-merserene

michelle said...

hey I just posted on jello

Olivia said...

Jia Li & Rox - I haven't watched these episodes. He found the DVDs and sent me the photos. I do know of another one where he drove a jeep.

Currently I watch the colour episodes on one of the Freeview channels.

Mers - as it's in colour I enjoy spotting Mrs Peel's makeup and outfits! I like the dramatic 60s eyeliner and lashes. And she never dresses amiss.

In the dialogue I included, her hair was flat under a cap and she was dressed in a tweedy horsey outfit with boots, so she missed her bouffant and hairpins. She picked the locks with a solid gold toothpick Steed fished out of his breast pocket. (What if he'd put it elsewhere?)

sanity index said...

Yes! I love that part about the 60s. The solid colors and slimline dresses are cool, too.

Solid gold toothpick? That's even fancier than the silver phone dialer from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"!

-merserene