Sunday, April 09, 2006

Birthday Buff

Vanessa, my old uni roomie is visiting for a few days.

Her boyfriend buffed my nails, then hers, then his.

He offered after I'd trimmed and filed them, obviously feeling I wasn't doing a good enough job - which I wasn't: I can now see my reflection in my thumbnail.

Then I persuaded her to let him do hers and she relented. Miss Vanessa is not the nail/perfume/makeup type, but I argued that lots of girls would do anything to have a boyfriend who did that.

I wanted to fall asleep when he was doing them, like when you get the shiatsu head massage at the hairdresser. I am now determined to start going back to salons for manicures, pedicures and massages. Anything for well-being these days...

11 comments:

Jia Li said...

Hey O, V and Troy! have fun..enjoy london...

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

Rox said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! Hope you have a great day and get lotsa pressies. :o)

M. said...

Bonne anniversaire, chere Olivia!

Now that is a man who isn't afraid to be in touch with his feminine side. ;)

Hope y'all are having a blast.

Olivia said...

Jia Li - as much as we can in only 2 full days!

Rebecca - thank you (no parcel yet!)

Rox - I have got a few gifts, but most of my gifts have been V & T paying for all the food we eat out!

Mers - merci :)
(AND he was a 2nd Lt in the US Army.)

I'll be back blogging this evening, I am sure.

Steliano Ponticos said...

Happy Birthday To You -listen to my blog

Olivia said...

Steli - it is still the Cossack song!

Olivia said...

Oh my, I just realised...

My Dad didn't call
Or email
Or send a card

...???

Olivia said...

REBECCA! AWESOME!

You sent the Pompeii book! Grazie mille, mi amicha!

Cooooooooool...!!!

(I just got the mail...)

Steliano Ponticos said...

well, now you know I've changed it..I should have changed it before telling you, happy birthday again.

Leilouta said...

It is a little late, but Happy Birthday. عيد ميلاد سعيد