Monday, March 19, 2007

Assign Me

I don't know what to blog! I am having a week in limbo. I didn't get the job at the arts council, but I have two applications to send in this week.

**********

After a promising start to the spring (remember my London walk last week?), winter is back. The south of France and London were both cold as each other, about 5 degrees C (upper 40s F). The heating is back on, plus my little space heater is back in service, and it was even too chilly to have my window open a crack as it usually is in winter - I guess I had acclimatised to milder weather.

It is supposed to snow somewhere this week too.

**********

I had an idea whilst I was washing dishes this weekend. I shall open the comments to anonymous voting - on any point of art history that you would like me to research and write about. (But please nothing after the 20th century.)

Go on, get your thinking caps on! But remember, make your vote anonymous so that I can't be accused of favouritism.

**********

And finally for the listening (not necessarily viewing) pleasure of you old-timers out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A classic. :-)

I have to get all my Queen tracks onto my iPod now... :-)

Anonymous said...

Right! I win cos I am the only vote, that's the rules that i just made up!

I would like to know about Frederick William MacMonnies - specifically his Bronze 'Boy and Duck' and 'Boy and Rooster' statues. I am particularly interested in finding out if my theory that every Art Museum in the US as a waif/fowl combination bronze statue. failing that, some interestingness on the artist and his work.

I'll leave the clever knowledgable art stuff to other people ;)

ML said...

Hmmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.

The Moody Minstrel said...

M'lady, in my college days a music major once remarked that England produced absolutely no music of any note (no pun intended) in the mid 17th century. I pointed out that that was when Oliver Cromwell was in charge of England and forcing his Puritan values down the throat of the country (i.e. all music is evil unless it's sung in church). I'm curious to know what the art scene, if any, was like in England during that period.