Friday, June 03, 2005

Texas rain and Missa Solemnis

Woohoo! Did you see the driving rain and lightning today? It was like being in Texas, only colder.
I got home just as the clouds came rolling around.

If you liked hearing about Artemisia yesterday, here is another beautifully-named female Renaissance artist: Sofonisba Anguissola
She preceded Artemisia Gentileschi by at least 30 years! She left Italy to become portraitist to the Spanish court and married in her 30s. Unheard of in those days.

If you really want to be swept away on a wave of goosebumps, I highly recommend listening to Beethoven's Missa Solemnis with headphones. Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh...
Yes, yes, you all know by now I am an incurable romantic. And you still visit my page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a romantic? A hopeless one? I didn't know :P

Olivia said...

Aha. And now I am feeding a bad habit by watching Sense & Sensibility on Channel 4.

Olivia said...

Hi Piano, welcome to my blog! You are the first visitor from Steliano's.
Sounds like an interesting program you were watching.
I hope to see you back here soon.