Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR [Addendum]

Happy New Year! May you be happy, healthy and filled with joy. May your endeavours be successful, and may you find the time to dream.

I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia with my mother yesterday. I highly recommend a viewing, it was very well done. A higher than usual number of the scenes touched me to tears.

I haven't read the book since I was about 12, but the tiny details that entranced me as a child came flooding back. I remember that at the time, I was intrigued that the White Witch gave Peter hot chocolate and Turkish delight, and the giant fur coats the children wrapped around themselves. Those are the sorts of physical impressions that stayed with me from much of my early reading.

Lucy is adorable and I love the expressions of wonder and awe on her kind and open face. Can't wait to see her in another movie one day.
Peter is a cutie and I think he looks great wielding that sword. He may grow into a heart-throb yet.
Mr Tumnus is really endearing, and I like Aslan's eyes and of course his earth-shaking roar.

My Neapolitan Christmas photo slideshow is now online! Your patience has been rewarded. As usual, I've captioned them...Tut tut, feel free to roll your eyes at me again. So when you get there, just press play and off you go! Takes about 5 minutes.

Still keeping my holiday tales for next week. I am off to watch Poirot now with Mum, but she probably knows I'm blogging right now. ;)

ADDENDUM
Here is the new link to my holiday photos which should work now:
Neapolitan Christmas

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
I love the pictures. But I'll have to finish looking at them on another computer that has high speed internet.

bisous to you and your mum.
vanessa

sanity index said...

I get an error message when I click on the link. :(

sanity index said...

Those are beautiful pictures! Makes me want to visit Italy (though it looks cold?).

-merserene

Olivia said...

Lewana - happy new year to you too.

Merserene - yes it was surprisingly cold. Yet back in London, I keep taking my coat off!

Olivia said...

Steli - One by one :-/ (?)
OK what I did was upload them all, then on the Kodak website I looked at each picture and wrote the caption.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, i loved the pictured.
V.