Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Romeo e Giulietta




Oh! Serpent-hearted with a flowery face!

---What Juliet exclaimed when she heard Romeo had shed Tybalt's blood.



**********

The original film with Olivia Hussey is on BBC2 at the moment. It just happened to stand out for me, in the midst of my job apps. Like yesterday, 4 before lunchtime. So, 8 in two days. That's a record for me. And I have discovered that my typing speed is between 68 and 74 words per minute.

Last night I waxed lyrical --- it's been many years since I last wrote a poem! I ought to share some of my old ones with you, too. If I can find the notebook.

15th Century Verona: rampaging fathers, hysterical mothers, stubborn nurses, wayward daughters, hot-blooded cousins and tempting lovers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes please do! See if you can find your notebook of poetry. I would like to read some.

Anonymous said...

hey i thought there would be poems here! where are they? come on girl get with it!

ms. moonglow

Olivia said...

Ooh, Ms M - if it will bring you over here again, I am ready to post it now ;)

michelle said...

I like the pic

Alohalani said...

Isn't strange to think Romeo and Juliet actually existed? I visited Verona (I'm sure you have as well) and saw a few operas in the Arena.

Good luck onn your job appts.

(It's me Alohalani)

Olivia said...

Morning, Alohalani/Alter Ego. If I've just started my day, what time is it in Hawai'i?

I was in Verona last summer for lots of Verdi and some Placido Domingo. Wonderful town.